March 27, 2009
Fast Friday - March 27, 2009
Fast Friday is a community of Jesus-followers who abstain from food, or whatever else the Lord puts on our hearts, with the desire to diligently seek Him."Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?" - Isaiah 58:6-7
To Join our Fast Friday, Click Here.
"And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."
THIS woman gained comfort in her misery by thinking great thoughts of Christ. The Master had talked about the children's bread: "Now," argued she, "since Thou art the Master of the table of grace, I know that Thou art a generous housekeeper, and there is sure to be abundance of bread on Thy table; there will be such an abundance for the children that there will be crumbs to throw on the floor for the dogs, and the children will fare none the worse because the dogs are fed." She thought Him one who kept so good a table that all that she needed would only be a crumb in comparison; yet remember, what she wanted was to have the devil cast out of her daughter. It was a very great thing to her, but she had such a high esteem of Christ, that she said, "It is nothing to Him, it is but a crumb for Christ to give." This is the royal road to comfort. Great thoughts of your sin alone will drive you to despair; but great thoughts of Christ will pilot you into the haven of peace. "My sins are many, but oh! it is nothing to Jesus to take them all away. The weight of my guilt presses me down as a giant's foot would crush a worm, but it is no more than a grain of dust to Him, because He has already borne its curse in His own body on the tree. It will be but a small thing for Him to give me full remission, although it will be an infinite blessing for me to receive it." The woman opens her soul's mouth very wide, expecting great things of Jesus, and He fills it with His love. Dear reader, do the same. She confessed what Christ laid at her door, but she laid fast hold upon Him, and drew arguments even out of His hard words; she believed great things of Him, and she thus overcame Him. She won the victory by believing in Him . Her case is an instance of prevailing faith; and if we would conquer like her, we must imitate her tactics.
From "Morning&Evening" by C.H. Spurgeon
Prayer Requests and Praise Reports:
1. Pray that our friends in Ivoryline would continue to develop greater intimacy with God, opening the ears and eyes of their hearts to see and hear Him.
2. Pray for Sean Stopnik and family as their baby has developed diabetes and is now requiring 4 insulin shots a day for the rest of his life. We petition God for a miracle of healing in this situation, trusting His perfect timing and will in all things.
3. Pray that God provides the right living space for our friends in Sons of God, and that He would direct their writing process. Praise God for the jobs he's provided them with.
4. Prayer requests from our friends in The Ember Days
-That the presence of the Lord would be as a consuming fire as worship takes place, and that kids will be impacted buy the beauty of the Lord.
-Fast processing for Tim & Matt's visas, so they can come to the US at the same time as the rest of the band.
-Pray the Lord would bring them a fair deal for a van & trailer as they begin their April tour.
5. Pray for Rachel Arnold's grandmother who has cancer and needs to have a kidney removed.
6. Pray for Beth Johnson's dad, Vern, as he travels to Cuba to teach and preach for a week. Pray for his health and safety, and pray that God would use him in mighty ways.
7. We praise God for the incredible work He is doing in restoring and reviving so many hearts to live more focused on Him.
Submit Prayer Requests/Praise Reports to: Fastfriday@comeandlive.com
To learn more about Come&Live! and how you can help us, visit our website, or Join us on Facebook.
May God give us all the endurance we need to make much of Him today!