August 18, 2008

We all want to believe in Miracles

I'm a witness to the miraculous, on both sides of the fence. On one side, I see how much God moves in my life and on the other I see how much he has yet to move in my life. My hunger and desire for God's will has been growing more pronounced over the last couple of years. I feel there is a call to obedience that we all have to give ear to. I'm struggling day by day to submit myself to that call and admit that I can't do any of this on my own. I need help. I'm pretty sure you need help. I hope to encourage you a little bit along the way as you see and read God's faithfulness towards us. I've repented of living a lukewarm life, confessed that I'm in dire need of a savior and that the only true savior is found in the Biblical Jesus Christ, that confession is to occur daily as we lose sight of God's plan for our lives, that we're called to live a life full of love for our neighbors (of which I openly admit I really don't know how to do) and I believe that there is healing promised to anyone who recognizes the need of a Physician. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will Be done. That's a dangerous prayer but I mean it and invite God to use this page as evidence of His will being done in me and in you. My prayer is that God would instill in you (and me) such a hunger for truth that we would not be content to live another day without discovering where that truth is to be found. I'm here as an example to the fact that God will use anyone to accomplish his will and I have no special gifts, talents or abilities aside from the obvious mercy that God has so generously poured out through the relationship with his Son, Jesus. I'm learning to love more deeply and pray that God would teach us what that should look like.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

you rule Chad. I'm glad to hear your thoughts, and what the Lord is doing in you as of late.
It was good seeing you the other day. It was refreshing and encouraging, as usual. May God continue using you to spur others onto good things in Christ.
glad to hear you're reading some Tozer.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Bro, great stuff. I'm really excited about this. I have lots of blogger friends, it's an amazing way to strike up some theological conversation.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Preson

The Life of the Kandals said...

Brother....really excited about you doing this...i love you passion chad and am challenged by your commitment to Jesus. you have always been real about who you are and what God has done and is doing in your life...thank you. i look forward to see and hear more of this journey your on with Him...love you...

Faveur Clothing said...

Chad, at Cornerstone 06, I had the chance to listen to you speak,your testimony and the passion that you have for Christ.( thanks for the kindness you have shown to us over the past few years). I am blessed to know that your passion for Christ only seems to continue to grow, and we get to share and hopefully be encouraged, challenged and transformed as well.

-Thankful for his Mercy and striving to be in his Will.
james

Unknown said...

awesome chad...im looking forward to more!!!. Me and matt had coffee tonight...we are so excited about what God is doing. Keep on going bro, Lets see what God does!
Jase

Jacob said...

Hey Chad! Thanks for letting me know about this, I am excited to see it unfold. Much love to you my friend,
Jacob

Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm so stoked you are doing this! Thanks for sharing what the Good Lord os doing in your heart!

Vinnie Alibrandi said...

Way to go Chad!

I am excited about to your bravery and your discipline to essentially journal in public, both in the flesh and digitally. Despite those lines smearing now with the advent of the more affordable iPhone - I will continue to witness that you've stepped up to the call in a most excellent way.

I would still love to encourage you anytime over pizza as well. I myself find myself at critical depravity in my faith about hour after the pizza. So I shall read to your blog in those weak moments, and perhaps save the contributing comments for more stable blood sugar levels.

Blog on Chad!

Anonymous said...

nice dude. i'm so into this. we are all in need of encouragement. you never know how God will use a simple statement to shake someone's world. Good times.

matt fine

Anonymous said...

Chad thank you for being a huge inspiration to everyone. It is truly refreshing to see genuine passion and love for the Lord.

Veil Arms

Ethos Records said...

Chad, It is awesome to see you listening to God's voice and following thru on what he is calling you to do. Who knows what this blog can do for others. God has really been moving in the scene and I am seeing more and more believers step out into what God has called them to be. Keep listening and let God use you to His fullest. Love you man,

Travis

Anonymous said...

Chad I am stoked to see how God uses this! Seriously dude, God is gonna do big things through your wisdom and transparency. And I know its going to help me. I love you bro.

Anonymous said...

TakeHold Records!